My bestie had a new job interview at Scottsdale Shea hospital this morning, which equalled into a day of calling out of her hell hole job, and the besties hit the town. Well, sort of. I spent the better part of the morning bored to tears while she interviewed with the HR lady, and then the big honcho manager. I wanted to say hey, because the lady who put in a good word for her, is friends with my mom and I house/dog/cat sit for her. So I beggeddd her to help Jess find a job in the hospital and she and this guy came through! While I was sitting around bored, I called her this morning to A) See if we could come visit her to say thanks in person, and B) to actually thank her if we couldn't go. I assume she was working, so I just left a message and went on people watching.. I actually don't mind hospitals if my family is ok and I'm not the one they're poking and annoying!
Then we pigged out at Chompie's and asked for more of the deep green pickles. She did, I didn't. It's weird, I don't understand pickles. I like cucumbers which makes it all the stranger, but I will not under any circumstances touch a pickle. Just like I love pizza, but I won't willingly touch a tomato.. Yeah, I'm weird.
Then the rest of the day was boring, but we end up back by me so she can do homework and use my printer. I'm so proud... she's been in her place since September, but has yet to set up her own printer. My little bestie is a professional procrastinator! So she prints what she needs to, and now I'm sitting back here on her couch, watching her get annoyed and try to make a power point presentation about Hep-C in Egypt. 4 year nursing degree baby! My bestie's smart.
Just recently, I picked myself up, undid her bed, and attempted to fall asleep to avoid the evil overhead fan light she's got on in the living room. I still saw it, so I figured WTH, I'll come back out and be social. I get annoyed with it again, so I go back and lay in the bed. She thinks I'm nuts and have ADHD. I'm not nuts, I'm just tired and the light is annoying me lol.
"You know you can watch tv.."
"I don't want to watch tv, I have a headache."
"Take something"
"Don't wanna."
Yeah you read right, I don't want to take anything. I hate Tylenol. Don't get me wrong, it's worked better than I ever imagined it could have, but it effs the hell out of your liver and the last thing I want is liver problems down the road. My uncle's got that, and they've been talking of a transplant for YEARS. Liver issues mean blood, and we all know how well I handle that...
Ok I know people have been getting on my case about my phone. Understand guys, I have the old, first generation, brick, whatever you want to call it Droid. It's slower than it used to be and sometimes when I call up my apps, I get a black screen. Thing is, Verizon sucks camel male reproductive organs at customer service and the only way I'll get a new phone is if I threaten them within an inch of their lives. So we may just all have to live with it for a little while. If I get a new # from my ipod or something, you'll all be the first to know. I promise.
Ok I'm going to go convince the bestie I have ADHD even more and wander back in the dark bed. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment